5 Reason To Open A Money Market Account
Tuesday, Aug 25 2020
Are you looking for a place to park your savings dollars? Do you need an account that blends accessibility with a more than standard rate of return? Look no further! Focus Federal Credit Union’s Money Market account offers convenient features with an attractive rate of return to help your money grow more.
Why Choose a Money Market Account
Savings accounts are an ideal home for funds you want to put away for an emergency or special purposes. Checking accounts are the way to go for money you will spend on your living expenses. But, what if there were a way to take everything you love about your savings account and put it together with the best parts of your checking account into one fantastic account?
Money Market accounts are perfect for funds you don’t need immediate access to but may need to withdraw portions of sometime in the future. You’ll earn a handsome return on your money without the risk of the stock market or the restrictiveness of a savings certificate account.
Minimum Balance Requirement
It’s important to note that most have a minimum balance requirement. While some large banks won’t let you start one without a minimum deposit of $3,000 or more, here at Focus Federal Credit Union, you can open up a Money Market account with as little as $2,500. As long as you’re careful to keep your balance from falling below $2,500, there are no fees or penalties.
Still not convinced? Here are 5 reasons to open a Money Market account:
1. Security – Funds in your Money Market account are insured by the NCUA up to $250,000. This means you can keep a large sum of money in your account without the risk of losing it to a market crash or a poor choice of investment. It’s a great opportunity to start saving with confidence!
2. Accessibility of funds – One of the most attractive features is the liquidity of funds. Money Markets have no maturity date or term requirement. This affords them ease of access that other savings vehicles, like CDs or Share Certificates, do not have: You are free to access the funds in your account at any time, usually without penalty.
There are restrictions on the number of transactions you can make a month, though. If you own a Focus Federal Credit Union Money Market account, you can make up to  withdrawals from your account during each statement cycle.
The accessibility factor makes these accounts super-convenient for members who don’t know exactly when they will want to withdraw their funds. So, they are perfect for those large, occasional expenses, like tuition payments, emergency household repairs, and unexpected medical fees.
Whatever purpose you have in mind for your funds, a Money Market account is an ideal place to keep them.
3. High-interest rates – Money Market accounts offer a rate of return that surpasses your typical savings account. This is especially beneficial in a rising-rates environment when those rates are only expected to increase. Give your money its best chance at growth!
4. Account benefits – Like every account here at Focus Federal Credit Union, your Money Market account comes with lots of benefits and attractive features. [There is no monthly maintenance charge for your Money Market account. Also, we won’t charge you a fee for accessing your money via the ATM.]
If you’ve got a question or concern with your account, we’re always here to help. You can drop in for a chat, give us a shout-out on [email protected], or contact us by phone at 4052301328. A member service representative will be happy to assist you.
5. Personal checks and debit card access – They offer some flexibility. In fact, you can easily transfer funds into your checking account. Then you’re free to use the funds to make payments by writing personal checks or using your debit card. This flexibility means you can use that money in a pinch without any major effort or waiting for a withdrawal to clear.
Are you ready to start saving big? Open a Money Market account at Focus Federal Credit Union today!