Careers at Focus Federal Credit Union
Focus Federal Credit Union is a great place to work, and we are always seeking qualified individuals to join our team of professionals. We are a member-owned organization, focused on the financial goals of our members and providing superior service. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages along with a great work environment.*
The Focus Federal Credit Union/NW Branch Location
Full -Time Financial Services Representative Position
This position requires great interaction, communication, and organizational skills supporting Teller, Financial Services, Lending, and Call Center operations. To provide members with the highest form of service and financial transactions accurately, efficiently, and professionally. Explain, promote and sell various products and services to members by accurately assessing member needs while providing them with information about Credit Union products and services. Responsible for performing member services and loan processing responsibilities, assisting with the call center and phone queue; adhering to credit union policies and procedures: Will maintain a high-level knowledge of our financial service products. Greeting the member by name during interaction and thanking member for their business after transaction is completed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists members with opening and closing accounts and servicing existing accounts. Answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor along with their recommendations.
2. Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for loans.
3. Processes member loan applications in person, electronically and/or over the phone, building accurate member profiles in accordance with established policy and procedures.
4. Disburse loan proceeds after approved by underwriting and complete loan documents.
5. Maintain a high level of knowledge of credit union financial service policies and procedures for lending and member service.
6. Provide member service via phone calls or in call center.
7. Cross-sell credit union products and services based on member needs.
8. Ensure that all credit union member-and-employee-related business is kept in the strictest confidence.
9. To apply knowledge of credit union systems, policies, and procedures. Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to
Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
10. Other duties related to essential job functions to meet organizational needs.
Expectations and Qualifications
1. To provide friendly, professional, personal service to all members.
2. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
3. To assist with telephone answering within 3 rings if possible.
4. To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance at all times.
5. To return telephone messages within 2 hours if possible and all messages returned by end of day.
6. To troubleshoot and resolve internal inquires in a timely, friendly and accurate manner.
7. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
8. Good organizational skills, attention to details, time management skills and communication skills.
9. Proficient computer skills along with strong people skills.
10. Perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
This position requires at least 6 months to two years of similar related experience and/or previous banking experience. Must be Sales and Member Service Oriented.
A high school education or GED.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and sit. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; kneel or crouch while filing and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, may also include lifting overhead.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Range: $13-$15 per hour (depending on experience)
The Focus Federal Credit Union/Chickasha Branch Location
Full Time Teller Position
Position Hours: M-F 8:00am till 5:00pm and one or two Saturdays a month, 9:00am till noon.
Required Skills: Responsible for providing excellent member service while processing financial transactions in an accurate, efficient, and professional manner. Must be sales oriented identifying opportunities to cross-sell products and services that enhance the member’s relationship with the credit union. Must adhere closely to credit union procedures and regulations and have a strong work ethic, high integrity with an outgoing personality.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required. • Minimum of 6 months of cash handling experience in a retail sales environment and/or previous banking experience. • Bank or other financial service provider experience preferred including sales experience, cash handling and customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and sit. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; us hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls; kneel or crouch while filing and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, may also include lifting overhead. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary: $12.00 /hourly
Our Chickasha Branch is located at 1804 S. 1st Street, Chickasha, OK. The Focus Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full time
Focus Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Focus Federal Credit Union, we truly care about our employees. In addition to providing a dynamic, team-oriented work environment, our goal is to be a “Market Leader in Compensation and Benefits.” The following benefits are provided to our employees:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement Compassion Leave
- Paid Time Off for Jury Duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Clothing Allowance