Using Credit Union Service Stations
Wednesday, Dec 15 2021
Accessing your money should be a simple, convenient experience. You want access to digital and physical banking options locally and when you’re traveling. Credit union service centers, also known as “shared branches,” are a group of locations that allow members to process transactions at any participating branch. If your credit union is a member of the CO-OP shared branching network, it provides you access to thousands of locations in addition to your home branch.
What is CO-OP Shared Branching?
The CO-OP shared branch network allows members of one branch to perform various transactions at locations other than your typical, home one.
You can use shared branches when you’re:
- Traveling. With locations throughout most of the United States and overseas, you’re able to avoid ATM fees while on vacation or traveling.
- Moving. If you move, you don’t need to switch to a new bank. Shared branches allow you to continue using your current account. Check it off your moving list!
- In an Emergency. Keep your finances on track, even when the unexpected happens.
- In Need of Convenience. You have access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
You can complete transactions at any of the shared locations as you would at your home branch.
Shared branches make it easy to complete transactions, including:
- Deposits and Withdrawals. Cash checks, make deposits, and complete withdrawals from one of the shared branches.
- Transfer Between Accounts. Need to move money between accounts? Stop in and quickly transfer money from your savings to a checking account.
- Check Your Balance. Find out how much money you have, what is available for spending, and which transactions cleared.
- Pay Loans and Advances. If your payment due date is approaching, make a payment instantly at a shared branch to avoid late charges.
- Additional Services. Additional services are available at shared branch locations, including notary, money orders, and travelers’ checks.
Benefits of Credit Union Membership
Credit unions offer members financial services, including savings and checking accounts, home and auto loans, and credit cards. Regulations and laws identical to banks govern them. But there are differences. Credit unions are nonprofit organizations owned by the members they serve. Due to this structure, members get profit returns via lower fees and higher savings interest rates.
As a member, you benefit from:
- Personalized Customer Service. “Consumer Reports” found that 96% of credit union members are “highly satisfied.” Since credit unions are in the business of serving their members over shareholders, they go above and beyond to help members reach financial success.
- Educational Resources. As a member, you can access training and counseling to help understand complex financial matters.
- Lower Fees. They tend to have fewer fees for typical banking products. And the fees charged are usually lower than other institutions. Members benefit from better rates on credit products such as auto loans, mortgages, and credit cards. They often provide fee-free checking and savings accounts and don’t require minimum balances.
- Balance Requirements. They typically have account balance requirements that are lower than banks.
- Community Focus. Members usually have similar interests or a common bond. They live in the same region, work together, or have another common thread. They value the community and give back to their members.
Focus Federal Credit Union Can Help
As a CO-OP shared branch member, Focus Federal Credit Union makes it convenient to access services wherever you need them. Using another branch is simple.
To use another branch, you need to:
- Locate It. Locate a CO-OP shared branch with the locator tool or call 888-748-3266. You can also download the CO-OP app available on Google Play and in the iTunes store.
- Have ID. Bring a valid government-issued ID such as a driver’s license or passport when you visit the branch.
- Provide Account Information. Have your home branch’s name and your account number.
Interested in learning more about how Focus Federal Credit Union and CO-OP shared branches? Focus offers members convenient locations in Oklahoma City, Chickasha, and Newcastle. In addition, you can access convenient banking at more than 30,000 ATMs and 5,600 shared branches. Contact us today to learn more.