What It’s Like to Work for Focus Federal
Friday, Mar 25 2022
Focus Federal Credit Union is a financial institution delivering the capabilities of a big bank with the care and empathy of a community-focused institution. For more than 65 years, we’ve offered guidance, expertise, and advice for banking solutions for more than 11,000 members. Our members have more than $100 million in assets. Working for Focus Federal offers you access to career growth while serving the community in which you live.
What It’s Like to Work for Focus Federal
FFCU couples lending and banking services with a focus on community values and personal relationships. From personal checking and savings to complex loans, our members count on us to help them meet their financial goals.
“The benefits are comprehensive to me,” said Abigail Cabello, Focus Federal’s community development officer. “I love working for Focus Federal because of the people, the culture, and willingness to work together to achieve company-wide goals.”
FFCU developed a team of employees to provide banking and lending services to our customers.
Focus Federal employees are:
- Client Focused. At FFCU, it’s about doing what’s right for our members and their financial wellness. We offer products, services, and experiences to fulfill our customers’ financial needs and goals. Our decisions center around delivering ease, value, and expertise.
- Community Ambassadors. FFCU and our employees are committed to the communities we serve. Employees are encouraged to give back to charities making a difference in Oklahoma. About half of our employees participate throughout the year in a holiday charity donation drive.
- Supportive and Collaborative. We have a highly engaged workplace. Many employees have been with us for more than 20 years. FFCU believes in the power of working together and doing the right thing for our members, employees, and community. Through collaboration, any team member can make a difference.
FFCU provides a supportive environment where employees learn and grow. We value employees for their strengths and perspectives. Whether you’re starting your career, changing jobs, or ready to take on a new challenge, we want to help you be your best.
What a Potential Employee Looks Like
Our core values match our company culture. We look for passionate, innovative, adaptive, proactive, and respectful employees. We want team members who live by our vision statement and reflect our core values.
FFCU develops employees’ skills to maximize potential and provide career growth options. We look for employees with a mix of skills. Depending on the position, we may require specific experience. Members of the human resources department can discuss job requirements.
“Many of our current employees started at FFCU in the teller position,” Cabello said. “It’s a vital role and provides an opportunity to improve your customer service skills and gain institutional knowledge. Tellers work directly with members on various tasks including transactions and answering account questions.”
FFCU recognizes how important it is to develop and progress in your career. We have a great team and many long-term employees who have worked at FFCU for more than 20 years.
Whether you’re beginning or growing your career, we recognize and reward employees for their contributions. We celebrate and encourage continuous learning through training opportunities, learning tools, and a performance management program to help you grow and succeed. You’ll find this focus gives our employees the freedom to flourish and the support they need to succeed.
Training and Growth Potential
At FFCU, we hire people, not positions, so training and education are integral parts of our onboarding and growth process. Our goal is to familiarize you with our company’s values, mission, and goals, as well as how to be successful in your role beginning on your first day.
We expect employees to bring a willingness to learn. And in return, we offer opportunities for career growth. Nine out of 10 times, we promote from within.
Benefits of Working for Focus Federal
We designed FFCU benefits to enhance your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. We care for our employees, and they return that care to our members.
FFCU benefits include:
- Healthcare. Employees have access to three medical plans, as well as dental and vision options to support your physical and mental well-being. Employee benefits also include access to short- and long-term disability.
- Retirement Planning and Savings. We offer a 401K savings plan with a matching percentage, providing retirement and savings options for your future.
- Life Insurance Coverage, Sick, and Family Leave. You’ll have peace of mind should the unexpected occur through our life insurance plans and access to paid sick days and family leave.
- Work/Life Balance. Additional benefits include a flexible spending account, accrued paid time off, and paid holidays.
What to Learn More About Working for Focus Federal?
If you’re interested in working for Focus Federal contact our Human Resource Department at 405-230-1328, ext. 1109 or email email@example.com. We look forward to discussing career opportunities. Our open positions include tellers, branch managers, and financial service representatives.